Over 12.5 months....
![]() |
| Christmas Tree 2012: Big Girl |
It's funny that we are no longer in the year of "firsts". We've already done the Christmas tree cutting thing. But it is oh so much different this year. This year it is FUN and INTERACTIVE. Most likely, my less than a month old slept through the whole thing last year. In fact, I can almost guarantee he did. This year he sat and watched as CJ and I took turns cutting it down. He probably had some dirt in his mouth too. Such a boy.
We had every intention of finding a tree within a 1/2 mile of the truck. But we're the Malcolms. That would be too easy. Instead, our fearless leader Owen led us deep into the forest. I kept waiting for the "HALLELUJAH!" moment where our tree was lit up with a bolt of sunlight from heaven. It didn't happen - this year. Hehe.
![]() |
| Timber! |
Poor CJ ended up carrying the tree by himself toward the end of our hike back. In defense, I was carrying Colter and he was getting annoyed that the tree was taking my attention away from him. Silly boy. I love my husband. He's strong.
We were planning on stuffing the ol' tree into the back of our poptop. That wasn't going to happen. We hucked her up on the roof instead and tied her down. It was only then that we realized just how big our beautiful Christmas Tree 2012 was. It's not like we could go put her back in the ground now. She was ours for the next month. Or perhaps longer. We've been known to keep Christmas trees up until Easter...
Once home, we began the arduous task of getting the big girl inside. We only had to cut about 8 inches off the trunk and 5 inches off the top to make her fit. And, boy oh boy, is she a show stopper! Thanks to my grandma, we have some soft, Colter-friendly ornaments around the base. He loves taking them off and bringing them to me so that I can put them back on. So cute.
![]() |
| How could I forget? It was Owen's bday. He's 3! |
Merry merry!










No comments:
Post a Comment