Friday, March 29, 2013

The Plan

March 29, 2013
16 months and a week or so

I love to watch my boy when he doesn't know I'm watching.

Right now he's out in the yard and I am watching him from my "desk"  (in the corner of our living, dining and family room...small spaces require multiple purposes!).  Colter was intrigued by the bathmats hanging out to dry on the clothesline.  He walked over and pulled one off.  I was about to stand up and hang it back up when I realized that he had a Plan.  He always has a Plan.

He pulled it off and arranged it ever so carefully.  Then he plopped himself down on top of it for a few seconds.  He then stood up and headed straight for an old, worn-out soccer ball that came with the government housing lawn.  He brought that over to his bathmat.  Subsquently, he plops down (16 month olds are not known to have grace) and eats some cheerios out of his snack cup.

He stands up and plays with the netting on the garden.  Now there is a helicopter flying over head.  He stops, looks up and sways back and forth.  I can make out a vague "Vroom vroom" from his lips.

Time to sit on the bathmat again and pick up and throw mulch.  Oh!  A rock.  I'm going to throw this and go get it for awhile.

There's another bathmat hanging.  I am going to try and pull it down.  It won't come.  But if I shake it, I shake the whole clothesline.

I am going to drag my bathmat from the ground over to the deck.

Wait a minute.  I haven't seen Mom in while.  I better go get her.  She is missing out on some serious fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment