December 29, 2013
2 years, 1 month & 10 days
 |
| A Christmas Eve dunk. |
Somehow, among the chaotic bliss that is a house full of Malcolms, I was given the gift of time. Thirteen bodies, 4 dogs and countless germs, I've had more time to myself the past few days than I've had in a long, long time. I'm relishing it. Perhaps, just perhaps, it's the start of something new. After all, the New Year is only a handful of hours away.
To be perfectly honest, since we left for Alaska almost 4 months ago I feel like I have been constantly in "go" mode. Packing, unpacking, repacking....journeying tens of thousands of miles in 4 months is fun but also a wee bit exhausting. I wouldn't change it one iota. When I have these precious moments to sit in bed, alone, listening to Pandora through earphones and typing on my computer (which I have been longing to do for weeks now), I feel so utterly and completely blessed.
Alaska, Sedona (three times), Mission Viejo (three times), San Diego, Ridgecrest...All since September 2. I suppose we Malcolms get around.
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa rule. |
 |
| Jumping waves with Uncle Dave. |
As I sit here tonight, I feel the change of pace creeping up on me. Sitting. Reading. Blogging. Not packing. Not unpacking. Just being home. It sounds splendid. At least until 2014 ;).
A year ago today, Colter wasn't walking yet. He wasn't talking. Today he can run, jump and play with his older cousins. He desperately tries to keep up with them - the youngest still 4 years his senior. It's amazing to see him hold it together all day long. He's a determined little man. Running to Mama only when it is high time for a nap, I'm proud to say he is quickly becoming the loudest Malcolm yet.
 |
| Keeping up with the cousins. |
 |
| Poppy and the grandkids...all 9 of them! |
If you had told me ten years ago my son would be a rambunctious, loud, hyper child, I probably would have laughed. I can't imagine a child any other way now. He brings out the extrovert in the most introverted soul. No one can resist a good laugh when he chimes in to join his cousins in fart noises.
 |
| Open wide! |
I am thankful that he loves the beach. He loves the snow. He loves trains. He loves trucks. He loves cookies. He loves his family. On most days, he loves his Mama.
 |
| Scoping out some barnacles. |
 |
My little Patagucci Man.
|
 |
| Trucks. Enough said. |
Tonight? Tonight I am thankful for a few moments of peace and quiet. That near the end of a beautiful year, I have time. Time. A small four letter word that can be so fleeting in my daily life. But not tonight- tonight I have
time.
Here's to an epic year - to the one that was and to the one that is. A very happy New Year to you and to yours!
 |
| Just Me and my boy. |
Beautifully written mama :-)
ReplyDelete