Sunday, August 17, 2014

Round Two

There's a "ba-loop" low in my belly, my sciatica is screaming and my cankles have reappeared. This can only mean one thing: the Malcolm's are having another baby!

Tomorrow marks 22 weeks. Which means, ladies and gentlemen, I am over halfway there. 


We have decided to go the surprise route yet again. There is something magical about not finding out until the Baby slides on out. Or perhaps we are just old school. I admit this go around I have absolutely no idea whether it's a boy or a girl. My mother intuition seems to be failing me. The mother in me proudly states, "as long as it is healthy". How many thousands of years has this echoed for?  Colter is hoping for a little brother- though I did breach the possibility of a little sister and he seemed intrigued...


This pregnancy has been so vastly different from the first...the first trimester symptoms not so much but more the overall experience. I remember the days of blogging regularly and sitting for hours rubbing my ever growing belly. And then the Baby came out. And now I have a two and a half year old consuming my waking (and ever so occasionally my nighttime) hours. Early on, I found myself forgetting that I was pregnant. These days, I've decided I have another active child growing in my womb as I seldom go an hour without Baby kicking and punching. 


The great difference this go around? I remember the intense, powerful love I felt as I opened my eyes (for the first time in 5 hours) and held my beautiful baby boy for the first time. I can't wait to feel that overwhelming power again. I'm experienced- I know what's coming this go around and I am so excited to meet this precious child that will steal my heart yet again.


I have no fear that there will be plenty of love to go around. 

1 comment:

  1. Heather, I wanted a girl so, so badly that Oliver is named in her honor (she was to be Olive). I have to say, though, as the mama to two boys, I wouldn't have it any other way. They are the best of friends. They play hard all day long together, making my job exponentially easier. And while, if I'm honest, I will admit that I'll always be a little wistful about not having that mother-daughter bond with a baby girl, I love my life exactly as it turned out. Which, as you've noted in your post, you will love yours wholly and absolutely as well. Much love, and best luck amiga!

    ReplyDelete