Thursday, December 18, 2014

Baby Watch 2014

December 18, 2014
3 years, 1 month tomorrow
39 weeks, 4 days
Puppy love.

It's snowing at the Canyon.  I adore snow.  Leaving a clean blanket of fresh, white on the world, I too feel cleansed.  My house is tolerably clean, Christmas music plays in the background, Colter entertains himself with matchbox cars and Owen sleeps on the couch.  Baby wiggles inside my womb.  For a few moments in time, all is perfectly right in the world.

CJ and Owen enjoying the inversion layer a week ago.

My boys.

Love this picture.


The last three days were "Family Days".  You've heard  me mention it many a time - we cherish Family Days.  The past few days consisted of snowball fights, long strolls through the neighborhood, decorating the outside of our home, movies and breakfast feasts.  I'm pretty certain it doesn't get much better than that. Savoring the last few hours? days? as just the three of us.  We snuggled in bed in the mornings.  We read extra books at bedtime.  Knowing full well that at any moment, Baby could make his/her grand entrance. 

The many faces of a snowball fight.

Helping Dad with the truck.

Ranger CJ.

This boy loves throwing snowballs.

The anticipation.  It was harder for me the first go around.  This time I know Baby will come (silly, yes, but I would reckon to say most first time mothers feel the day will never come!).  It's not that I am not eager to meet the little peanut.  I like to think that perhaps I've gained a little more patience over the past 3 years of motherhood?  Perhaps, just perhaps, I've learned a few things... At some point you just have to let go and have faith that it will happen all in its own good time. Besides, I've got this adorable 3 year old to help pass the time.

If I could bottle this face up forever, I would.


Our bags are packed.  The OB kit is packed.  Childcare is lined up.  Christmas presents are wrapped.  Snow is falling. 

Full-term!

No comments:

Post a Comment