August 24, 2015
3 years, 9 months, 5 days
8 months, 4 days
This morning I dropped my baby boy off at his first day of preschool. PRESCHOOL, people! Can he really be that old? As he was getting dressed this morning, he says to me, "Mom, you need to clean the house while I'm at school. It's messy. Like sweep the floors and pick up the toys." Oh, why hello Mr. Bossy.
 |
| His first week... |
I've been primarily a SAHM (stay at home mom) for the better part of 3 years, 9 months and 5 days. I work my one day a week shift as a nurse, but, ultimately, I'm my kids Mom. I'm a Mom. And a Wife. A Homemaker. For me it has been by far the most rewarding, challenging, crazy, exciting, depressing, thrilling thing I could have ever signed up for. Colter and I have had so much fun: we've been on endless miles of walks, read countless books, tons of playdates, eaten way too many chocolate chip cookies and played in the ambulance and fire trucks for what would probably total a few days worth.
 |
| Happy boy |
 |
| Silly face |
 |
| So very excited |
It's not the end, I know. But it's a new chapter. I admit, as I kissed my darling boy goodbye this morning the first thought that popped into my head was, "I must have done something right." He's ready for preschool. Beyond ready,
excited. "I'll make new friends, Mom. I won't be shy." And he's brave. So much braver than I could ever be. He doesn't know a soul and he is charging right in. You go, little man.
 |
| The carrot that he grew in our garden |
 |
| 8 months! |
And then there's sweet baby girl. Who turned 8 months old just a few days ago. SO much personality these days!! She crawls everywhere, pulls to standing on everything and is never too far behind her big brother. She's taken to crawling up to me and head butting me in the legs until I pick her up. I'm so in love. Above all, she
loves bath time. She'll stand outside the tub while I let Colter have his time to be crazy - she gets drenches and stands there and laughs the whole time. When I finally let her in she is beside herself with happiness.
She busted 4 teeth this past month. I'm thinking since she slept so well the first 6 months of her life, she is now making up for it by waking up hourly. It's awesome. But she's so adorable I forget my woes quickly...
 |
| Go, baby, go! |
 |
| 2 is better than 1! |
 |
| Precious face. |
It's been a great morning just with Aspen. A long walk with Owen on a path I haven't done in ages. Time to write a blog. A few loads of laundry. Now I'll make a huge smoothie and go and pick up the little man.
Just in time for his nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment