Saturday, May 14, 2011

Buttons


Super Sexy Bodies 2006 
 May 14, 2011
13 weeks, 3 days

It's official:  I cannot button my shorts.  It is a combination of feeling sad and feeling elated.  In one hand, I am mourning over my pre-pregnancy sexy body (hehe....) and in the other, I am eager to have this new life inside of me just keep growing!   Frankly, I can't stand the women who come up to me and say, "I didn't show until 6 months!"  Congratulations, would you like a cookie? 

Okay, I don't mean to be harsh or anything.  But, really, were you able to button your pants until 6 months?  Because that just can't be possible.  When the baby is nearing the size of a fist, how could you not be pooching out in front? 

I also have noticied that I have been more direct recently.  Startling, I know.  For some reason, my pregnancy hormones are making me respond without first filtering my thoughts.  Sometimes a wonderful thing.  Sometimes I really just need to keep my mouth in the closed position.  Perhaps this means I am carrying a boy?  The extra y chromosome affecting me?  Honestly, I don't know.  But this new found uninhibited passion is weird. 

I promise a picture of "The Pooch" soon.  Until then, I am happily using safety pins accordingly.  My scale says I have gained 2 whole pounds.  It's gotta be boobs and belly because all other articles of clothing fit fine.  In fact, I think I wear my shirts quite nice these days. 

Fun Baby Fact: Baby has "lanugo", body hair. This week's big developments: my baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his/her thumb!

Fun Pregnancy Fact: My uterus will soon be the size of a small melon.  Button that up folks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment