Sunday, May 8, 2011

You know you're pregnant when.....

May 8, 2011
12 weeks, 4 days

Happy Mother's Day!  My first Mommy's Day.....and my Mr. Wonderful made me the greatest card ever:




As the first trimester comes to a close, I felt that I should take a moment to reflect back on the beauty that is being pregnant.  For the sake of entertainment I will use the famous “You know you’re a redneck when….” format.    So without further ado,

You Know You’re in Your First Trimester When…..

1.       You measure your life in weeks.

2.       Your reading list consists of “What to Expect When You’re Expecting”, “How to Eat Well During Pregnancy”, “Labor: The Bradley Method”, etc…

3.       You think compression stockings are sexy.

4.       You cry for no reason.

5.       You cry for every reason.

6.       You are excited to gain weight.

7.       By 10 weeks you are desperately searching for signs of a “pooch”.

8.       You embrace nausea because it means you have lots of pregnancy hormones.

9.       By 12 weeks you swear you have a “pooch”.

10.   You have a pregnancy blog.


Farewell, first trimester!  Hello, gaining 1 pound a week!

On our 6-mile hike through Sedona on Cinco de Mayo...
followed by a fabulous virgin margarita!


Fun Baby Fact:
By 13 weeks, the baby is the size of a peach, at 3 inches long.  And its vocal cords are developing....ah, welcome to the Malcolm family, little one.

Fun Pregnancy Fact:  I am in what my sister-in-law calls the “Dunkin’ Donut Phase”.  Meaning, I have a pooch but it looks more like a life ring off front than a baby.  Ces’t la vie.  Go, baby, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment