16 weeks, 5 days
Wow. Time is flying by! And now I am getting super excited for the 20-week ultrasound. To save you all the suspense, we will NOT be finding out the sex of the baby. My entire life I have wanted to wait and let it be a surprise - why should I change that now? There is something beautiful and "old school" about waiting until the lower half of the baby's body comes sliding out to hear those magical words: "It's a .....!!!" Plus, I really like yellows.
A conversation from earlier this week:
Heather, "Our baby can hear this week!"
CJ, "Really? Hi, Baby! Your Mama's beautiful!"
I love my husband.
My body continues to change and do most magical things. For instance, I only pee once a night now. And, I don't feel the need to nap any more. Two truly wonderful things. I do notice my heavy breathing as I go for hikes - making me feel like I am incredibly out of shape. But then I reach down and give my buddha belly a little rub-ski and all is well again in the world.
I heard the heartbeat with a doppler at my appointment last week - 155 and strong! And, yes, I teared up. How can you not?! There is a little tiny heartbeat inside of me ticking away. And to think the baby is soothed by my own heartbeat day in and day out. Pretty rad. So, according to legend, a heartbeat greater than 140 means it is a girl. However, this is also only said to be true a full term....
| Owen and I sunbathing in Sedona after an afternoon swim |
Fun Pregnancy Fact: I am learning to celebrate my new and beautiful pregnancy shape! With lots of love and kisses from my adoring husband, how could I not?!
I teared up reading about CJ talking to Baby Malcolm. So sweet and loving! I'm also very excited for the surprise to be revealed in November! Xoxo!
ReplyDelete