Saturday, June 18, 2011

Movin' & Shakin'


@ a SAR training, early June
 June 18, 2011
18 weeks, 3 days

I know, I know.  I have been a slacker in the blog writing the past few weeks.  I suppose it isn't the worst thing in the world that I have been too busy doing other fun activities though, right?  Between fun activities and working double what I normally do (savin' up the money for baby!), my evenings have consisted of doing, well, absolutely nothing.  By nothing I mean reading, cleaning, cooking....so my nothing really is something.  Either way, the blog was not top priority.  But we (as in Baby and I) are back in the game.

Some parents-to-be come up with cute nicknames for their little one.  Over the past week I have determined that I too have a nickname.  Albiet not the most original name in town, I feel a wonderful attachment to it and it reminds me of what is happening to my body: Baby.  Yes, I am serious.  I call it Baby.  And I have a good feeling it is gonna stick.  I like it- simple, to the point, no questions asked.  It also goes quite nicely with the new little tune I like to sing and hum as I do "nothing"; There's a Baby in my belly, dear Liza, dear Liza.  There's a Baby in my belly, dear Liza, a Baby. 

The big news since I last wrote:  I have officially felt Baby move!  The first time it felt like a "bla-dup" in my belly (also could be described as a tiny somersault-like feeling).  I knew instantly it had to be Baby getting crazy in my belly because it was the oddest, most wonderful sensation.  I have felt Baby several times since then - ocassional teeny-weeny jabs and the "bla-dups".  In the beginning it is more sporadic when the mother feels the babe, but as time goes on I will start feeling it more and more.  I am sure the cute "bla-dups" will turn into "BLA-DUPS" in no time.

And the much longed for Baby belly photo!!!


18 weeks, 3 days; Owen is getting curious...
Oh, and please excuse the laundry in the background!

Fun Baby Fact: By 19 weeks Baby is 6 inches long and weighs about 1/2 pound!  Pretty much the size of a mango....And I really love mangoes.  I bought 8 of them the other day.  Oh so good.

Fun Pregnancy Fact:  In the past week or so, I have noticed that I tend to get super lightheaded and see stars when I get up too quickly.  It is a weird sensation which keeps me grabbing for the nearest chair or wall while I wait for the blinky stars to fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment