3 weeks, 2 days
Colter had his first "big boy" shower with Papa tonight. He loved it. My home is filled with water-loving boys. Which means I am in trouble. Or, rather, my electric bill is in trouble. Life could be worse :-)
| An intrigued Colter learns to read with Papa |
We had our first road trip down to Flagstaff with Colter earlier this week. The main purpose: his circumcision. I will spare you all the details. Let's just say he is healing quite nicely. We hadn't left "Dodge" aka the Canyon since coming back up after I gave birth to Colter. We were itchin' to get out of town, for sure. I must admit I was a tad bit nervous about how the boy would do. Mainly, I was afraid he would sleep all day long and then be up all night (oh beloved sleep how I miss you!). I shouldn't have worried. He is my son after all- he did awesome. No fussing as we wheeled him around while we did some Christmas shopping and he loved sitting in his carseat staring out the window. And the best investment ever? Our poptop. With a heater. Which means I could sit in the poptop with the heater running and nurse him while CJ and Owen played ball. And I didn't have to worry about exposing him to nasty germs. We were (and are) a happy little family.
| My Happy Little Family |
With CJ on paternity leave, we have taken up the routine of walking to the post office daily. It takes about 40 minutes roundtrip and follows a lovely paved walkway through the trees. Yesterday we walked through the snowstorm - Colter bundled up and well covered in his carseat hooked into the Bob stroller. The Bob totally rocks. It four-wheels through snow like its nothin'. And it provides balance for me across the ice. Win win.
| Rockin' out with the Bob |
It is amazing how fast time goes by. Colter is a growing machine. I can't get enough of kissing his adorable head. And fingers. And toes. And cheeks. Okay, he is just a bundle of cuteness that I cover in kisses regularly. I figure in about 18 years he will definately NOT be letting me do that. Nor will I probably want to. So, for now, I will savor these beautiful moments.
| Mama and Colter - 3 weeks |
At the end of the day, we have embraced our new role as Papa and Mama (and Owen as Big Brother). Minutes turn into hours, hours into days, days into weeks. Yet, somehow, admist lack of sleep and being a human cow, I wouldn't trade one moment of it for anything in this world. I love this little dude way too much.

No comments:
Post a Comment