4 weeks
4 weeks old. Wow. Where does the time go? As I was up nursing him this morning at 2am, I reminisced back to exactly 4 weeks prior when I was starting the first of my pushes to bring the little peanut into this world. Wild. And now he has graduated out of newborn diapers and into size 1! Yes, Colter weighed in at a whoppin' 9.36 pounds yesterday. He is 21.5 inches long. I knew he had to be gettin' huge (huge is relative!) because he has outgrown his newborn clothes.
I suppose I have my breasts to thank for my son's growth. And boy oh boy are they producing. I was all excited to get back into my pre-preggie clothes after I gave birth. Little did I realize that a large portion of my shirts won't fit me for the next year. Thank you boobies!
Today marks the first day of Colter's first road trip. Stop 1: Sedona. Stop 2: San Diego. Stop 3: Orange County. Stop 4: San Diego. Stop 5: Home! It should be an exciting 2 weeks for the one-month old. Lots of family time (including meeting the entire Malcolm clan), a visit from Santa (I'm pretty sure he hasn't done anything too naughty in the first 30 days of life), and a whole bunch of "firsts"..... We shall see how the little man does!
![]() |
| Stop 1: Sedona! |
My new favorite thing? Waking up Colter from his nap. He makes the cutest what I call the "pterodactyl" noise and brings his hands up under his chin ever so gently. But the best part? Holding him against my chest. As if I don't do it enough, for some reason it brings this incredible joy every time I get to do it again. I may be feeling exhausted, but the second that boy makes his little high pitched screech and curls up on my chest, I am in heaven.
I'll leave it at that for today. I can't help but feel incredibly blessed for this glorious gift of life.
![]() |
| 4 weeks to the day.... |


No comments:
Post a Comment