9 weeks, 5 days
Since I last wrote, Colter had his 2 month birthday! He weighed in at 11lbs 6 oz, 23 inches long. They grow so quickly! The newborn clothes have been packed away for quite sometime now and I find that even some 0-3 month outfits must be pulled out of the dresser as well. We are now in the habit of having lengthy conversations - he is quite the talker! He responds to my words with the most wonderful noises and I swear he says, "Hi!" after I do. He is happy as a little clam:
![]() |
| 1-19-12...2 months! |
"Super Mom" was a breakthrough day. I confess that the day after "Super Mom", I was totally beat - annihilated, in fact. So incredibly exhausted from the effort it took to be Super Mom for a day. But, never the less, a few days later I regained my strength and have, since that point, been groovin' in my new found life. It feels nice to have my sh*t together. Pardon my french.
We decided on a road trip these past few days to one of our favorite cities, Durango. Packing with an infant is always a daunting task: between diapers, toys, excess of clothes (that boy is in a serious spit-up phase), carriers, a stroller....and then there's the dog. Owen has his own bag and bed (without his "place" he is a lost little puppy). I am incredibly thankful for our massive truck and the pop top. Makes life just that much easier.
To my excitement, on Sunday I determined that Colter is now quite able to sit facing out in the Baby Bjorn. His head wobbles a wee bit but he seems to thoroughly enjoy seeing the world from Mama's point of view. He occasionally strains his head around to make sure that I am still there (even though I am pretty much constantly singing or talking to the little dude). It must be comforting to know that your Mama's got your back ;-)
Off to Durango we went on Sunday evening. It is a unique drive through the Res - with a stop in Kayenta at the Burger King for a chocolate shake. Did you know that the BK in Kayenta has the world's largest Code Talker display? Interesting fact of the day.
We found a family run hotel just a 10 minute walk outside of downtown Durango. Simple, quaint and we had our own corner away from the other guests so that Master Colter wouldn't bother anyone. He is down to two feedings a night for the most part. But he does wake up :-) I can only imagine that if I were 11.6 pounds, I would need to eat much more frequently. But I am not. I am a new mother in the process of working off 11.6 pounds.....hehe.
Durango is a fabulous town. The classic downtown filled with little shops and delicious restaurants. It snowed 1/2 foot to a foot on Monday night. We went for a snowshoe in the storm Monday....
And woke up early and headed out for a long cross country ski Tuesday morning. The sun was shining, the views were impeccable and the snow perfect....until it was warmed by the sun and stuck to the bottom of our skis on our way down. Clearly, the wax job was not enough. Every few feet we were no longer gliding but stomping. Memorable to say the least :-)
Colter hung out on CJs chest - snoozing away. Even if he doesn't remember these early adventures in life, I like to believe that they/we are preparing him for a life of exploration. Setting the stage, I guess. CJ and I patted ourselves on the back for making the effort to get out and DO. Life is definitely different with a baby but it doesn't mean we still can't have fun. In fact, in many ways I find it makes it more fun. It's a challenge - and the reward is great!
![]() |
| A valiant attempt at a family photo :-) |






No comments:
Post a Comment