Friday, January 6, 2012

Super Mom

January 6, 2012
6 weeks, 6 days

I may have thought prior to today that I was doing pretty darn good.  And then today I woke up and I felt great.  Not just sorta kinda great but "Hello, world!" kinda great.  I felt so fantastic that there was no other choice but to put on my Super Mom shirt (courtesy of a Christmas gift from my bro).  When you feel this good, you gotta flaunt it. 

Super Mom & #1 Dad

How great do I feel?  Well, it's only 2:30 in the afternoon and I have gone on not one but two walks, done an ab workout, made lunch for my hubby, pumped my breasts (for the first time!), mailed a package, showered (come on, moms, you know that is a feat in itself some days!), read a book to Colter, fed Colter 4 times (since midnight...), changed Colter's diaper lord knows how many times....dare I say more?!  And I even have a few moments to type a blog before the little man wakes up from his nap.  Phew. 

In stock for the afternoon?  Bathtime with the boy and chocolate cookies.  And snuggle time with the fam.  Just try and beat that ;-)

I love productive days.  And I am convinced that I couldn't have done it without the Super Mom shirt.  In fact, I am considering investing in several other mom shirts just to keep me motivated.

Ok, enough bragging already.

Colter is doing awesome!  Oh, wait, I'm still bragging..... That's what mother's do, right? 

He is a little snuggle bug but he also loves his alone time.  We got back from our road trip and he has officially discovered the joys of his  mobile.  His coo's are just precious.  He will spend up to 30 minutes either on his floor mat beating at the hanging toys or staring up at his mobile.  His arms and legs constantly in motion.  And the wonderful noises.  I swear they could brighten anyone's day. 

Mama love
He has perfected the art of pooing the second I start changing his diaper.  The first few times there was some serious projectile poo.  But I have learned his sly ways and am now a pro at quick hand movements.  I was so proud of myself when I blocked his pee with a washcloth - until after I lifted him up and realized it soaked the back half of his shirt.  Super Mom to the rescue!

Waketime has become quite an enjoyable endeavor.  No longer do I spend the better part of an hour working to keep Colter awake.  Now he willingly keeps those beautiful blue eyes open and checks out the world.  Whether it be interacting with Mama or Papa, watching Mama in the kitchen, playing in the crib or on his playmat, or hanging in the swing, he loves his waketime.  And so do I.

We had a busy but rewarding 2 week roadtrip to Southern California.  Between San Diego, Orange County and LA, we saw cousins, uncles and aunts, grandma and grandpas, great uncles and a great grandma.  Colter presented himself in good form- even if he slept through most of the present opening on Christmas day.  It was a wonderful break for me to be able to lovingly pass off my son to the family.  Everyone is so incredibly helpful. Although, by the end I was more than ready for some much needed Mama-Colter time :-)
What else can I say?  I love being a Mom.  And a wife.  Our little family is just so incredibly wonderful.  CJ is the best dad ever.  Colter is the best son ever.  Owen is the best brother ever.  I feel so blessed. 

I was feeling like I didn't have enough Colter pictures so we had a few photo shoots.  Enjoy :-)  You can only imagine how many pictures I had to take to get these shots....

Sleeping angel

Happiness

Joy

Our Christmas gift

Just plain cute




No comments:

Post a Comment