Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Love You Forever

June 6, 2012
6 months, a few weeks
Me and my boy

A friend of mine here at the Canyon just had her first baby, a boy, last week.  I went to visit her yesterday.  I took one look at her darling, 5 lb 14 oz boy and started tearing up.  He was so tiny.  Is it possible that at one point Colter weighed 6 lbs and some ounces?!  The new mother remarked, "I just can't believe that I can love something so much immediately!"  So incredibly true.  And I can't believe that I can love my baby more today than I did yesterday and tomorrow more than today. 

It reminds me of one of my favoritist (yes, it is a word!) books, Love You Forever.  I cry every time I read it.  I cried before I had a child.  I cry way more now that I have one.  Can you imagine what I will be like when I have another child?  Just try not to cry with words like these:

Softly she sings to him:
"I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be."

Another friend of mine is due mid-July.  We had dinner with her and her husband last week.  I spent way too much time rubbing her belly.  (Don't worry, it was welcome rubbing!)  I even caught myself a few times rubbing my not-so-hard-post-baby belly.  It's not that I really want another baby right now.  Colter is just perfect and I love giving him my undivided attention.  It's just that this pregnant thing is contagious.  Shhh.  Don't tell my husband. ;-)





Colter started a new "phase" a few days ago.  He has decided that it is the funniest thing EVER to spit his food out.  Not just spit - spray.  The spray distance is impressive for such a tiny little human.  I take pride in the food stuck on my clothing and in my hair.  I'm a MOM.



No comments:

Post a Comment