Thursday, February 7, 2013

Monday Monday

January 28, 2013
14 months and a week or so






We have had what I would consider a perfect day.  Colter's bottom tooth finally cut through which left us with happy days and sleep-filled nights.  Whatever advice I have ever gotten about teething does not do it justice.  It really does go on and on and on and on.  Does it ever end?!  Thank goodness it doesn't last forever.  But when you are in the midst of it, it feels like a bloody eternity.  Ibuprofen you are my hero.



Monday.  We didn't go anywhere.  We stayed home.  Home Sweet Home.  We enjoyed a mellow morning- it had snowed the previous night and we geared up and spent time outside.  Papa shoveling the drive, Mama taking pictures and watching Colter, Owen playing with his ball and Colter toddling about.

 
 
It came time for Colter's nap.  CJ and I decided to make a brunch feast and watch a movie.  Sigh.  Halfway through pancakes, bacon and eggs the following conversation took place:
 
 
Heather: Naptime truly does rock.
CJ: Yeah.
Heather: It is God's gift to us.
CJ:  It means Jesus loves us.
Heather: Amen.
 
 
At which point we both just start hysterically laughing.  That is the truth.
 
 
Colter woke (naptime always ends too quickly) and we decided on a snow hike out to the rim.  I love this time of year at the Canyon.  We literally saw 1 other person as we walked along the rim.  ONE person.  Granted it is mid-week but I love it when the Canyon is ours for the taking.  Makes me feel like we own a piece of it- just for a time.  It was a cold, windy evening but the sunset was magnficant. 
 
Our Canyon


Love my family


Windy day


CJ walking to nowhere


Happy day

 
We lingered a bit longer than we should have on the rim.  I know the rule with Colter - depending on the temperature outside, he can only last so long.  Above 32 F, he is good forever.  Between 20-32, no more than an hour.  10-20? 30 minutes max.  Less than 10....well, I try to avoid taking my child outside for any length of time when it is single digits.  That is just cruel.
 
Anyways, we were there more than an hour. Probably closer to 90 minutes.  It was less than 30 degrees, probably closer to 20 (especially with the windchill).  Colter was a trooper.  He didn't peep until a few minutes from home.  His poor little hands were quite cold.  CJ (an expert on frozen extremities) promptly made the boy a luke warm bath.  I fixed him hot dog and ketchup.  Yogurt.  Mango.  He ate dinner in the bathtub.  I am pretty sure by the time he went to bed, all cold was forgotten.  I mean, really, how often do you get to eat dinner in the bathtub when you are 14 months old?  I am pretty sure he was in heaven.
 
Adorable.
 
 
Notice the war wounds on his nose from Colter v. Driveway



Bathtime fun with Papa.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment