26 weeks, 5 days
| 26 week Belly shot |
I have spent 3 significant days at the beach. And I have 3 more! We celebrated my moms 60th on Saturday.....and we ordered 60 mini cupcakes for the occasion. Did I mention that I have been having a major sweet tooth the past month? Forget my normal binges of chips and salsa. No more. Bring on the cookies, brownies (Trader Joes are particularly fudgy), chocolates, etc... I have never been one for sweets but I guess I never knew what I was missing. The 60 mini cupcakes?! Fabulous idea. Between chocolate, strawberry, coconut, vanilla and lemon I have been satisfied daily.
At the coffee shop this morning, I decided on a new phrase, "A doughnut a day keeps the doctor away." It has a great ring to it, huh?
I dug my very first "belly hole" the other day over at the bay. My bro and mom were playing an intense game of smash ball, CJ was entertaining himself throwing the ball to Owen and I was desperately searching for a comfy position in the sand. That's when it hit me - the perfect time for a belly hole! I got to work diggin' away and within a few minutes had the perfect spot. I haven't laid on my belly in months. And it was incredibly comfortable. I plan on taking full advantage of the sand over the next few days.
Clearly, there is no denying the fact that I am pregnant any longer. Leaning over to pick up things is a feat and a half, my bladder cannot sustain itself when I sneeze and my ankles....let's be truthful: they have become cankles (because I refuse to wear compression stockings at the beach). At least the extra water weight will leave me rapidly after Baby has popped out. Forget keeping my clothes clean. I have the oddest habit of spilling things all over my belly now a days.
I have determined at the suggestion of others that I am carrying Baby "high". Family has determined this means I am having a boy. One thing I don't understand: if I am carrying Baby so darn high, how is that he still manages to kick on my bladder on a relatively consistent basis? One second I can't hold it any longer and the next I feel empty. A vicious cycle. And then when he starts poking me under my hip bones. It tickles - I swear!
Fun Baby Fact: Baby measures in at about 15 inches and is over 2 pounds. Its eyes are starting to open now!
Fun Pregnancy Fact: I am eagerly awaiting the "pop" of my navel. My brother thinks it is just a matter of time - and then, BAM!, I will feel it the moment it pops out. I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment