Monday, August 8, 2011

Busy Bees

August 8, 2011
Zach, Uncle Ceej, Athena, Aunt Heather, Tatum and Owen
at Oak Creek Crossing

25 weeks, 5 days

Phew!  It has been a crazy fun week - my brother-in-law’s kids came out and visited us at the Canyon for a whole week….I have never spent a week of my life with a 15, 13 and 9 year old and, let me tell you, it was memorable.  A taster of what is to come?  Perhaps.  An adventure with the youth of America?  Definitely.  And all with a broken dishwasher.  How ‘bout them apples?


From an IMAX and condor show to monsoons to hikes to swims to rock climbing to bowling to a multitude of intense games of “Blokus”, it was 6 days excitement.   I even made them write their very first postcards.  I am an evil aunt, I know.  Their highlight was climbing in Oak Creek – and finishing the climb in the rain.  Uncle Ceeej, the perpetual teacher, was incredible.  Athena and Zach got to rappel down the climb and all 3 kids made it to their “goal” spots on the climb.  I loved seeing their faces as they dipped their hands into the bag of chalk for the first time ever.  


My highlight?  Standing back and taking pictures as my husband and the 3 kids “blokused” the waterfalls in the creek and swung off of rope swings.  And then sprinted to shore for an occasional brownie or handful of chips. Owen meanwhile either swimming eagerly between the kids and checking up on them after each jump or busying himself in the shallows as he attempted to dig up a hidden stick from beneath the mud.  I couldn’t help but chuckle as the other families eluded to us as a “family”.  Which we are.  But not in the “Mom-Dad”  sort of way.  How young do you think we started?!

I am, however, incredibly thankful that we are starting with one child.  And working our way upward from there -ease me into the whole “parenting” thing. 


I did all this while carrying an eggplant in my belly!  Yes, Baby is over 13.5 inches long now and weighing over 1.5 lbs.  And Baby is quite the active little dude.  Several times during the day, Baby will kick so hard that I produce a squeal- something to the effect of “Eeeep!”.  My fellow employees or my husband will look at me startled: I usually start laughing and blame it on Baby.  It is just such a trippy feeling.  This little alien thing poking from the inside out.  I LOVE it!  


I had another baby dream the other night.  Again, a beautiful baby boy.  This time it was just born and the most precious thing you ever did see.  Dark hair, eyes just like CJ.  The odd thing?  (There is always something odd when it comes to my dreams…) Baby’s skin was a beautiful deep tan.  Weird, yes.  These dreams serve one purpose- the make me extremely curious as to what Baby is and what Baby looks like!  Just under 15 weeks….

Fun Baby Fact:  Baby is inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs.  The second trimester is coming to a close....

Fun Pregnancy Fact: I have officially outgrown several of my scrub tops.  With a nice sized bosom and a blossoming belly, the non-stretch cotton fabric is not forgiving.  Anybody have any hand me downs?  I refuse to buy a few tops for 3 more months.  I would much rather have the money for Baby…  Pregnancy hormones?  Forget those light, occasional cries.  I love the full emotional breakdowns.  They can be so cleansing (and draining…). My sweet, sweet husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment