| Belly 9/1/11 |
I couldn't have planned it if I tried: turning 29 during my 29th week of being preggie. LOVE it. And it was indeed a fabulous birthday. CJ and I celebrated early and headed down to Flagstaff Tuesday night- dinner and then we got a hotel room in town and watched hours of the boob-tube. Considering we don't have television, this was an exciting evening for us! It is truly incredible how much time can be spent staring at a screen....but I have no complaints at all!
Wednesday we ventured out into the San Francisco mountains for a late summer hike through the aspens and meadows. So freakin' beautiful. My sciatica has started acting up this past week (perhaps because I worked 6 of 7 days....which as you know is a lot for Mrs. Part-Timer) but I am managing to move through it and try stretching as much as possible. Sciatica or not, it was a memorable pre-birthday birthday celebration. The temperature was a breezy 75 degrees with patchy cloud cover. Heaven. Even Baby stirred a few times.
Baby continues on movin' and shakin'. My right rib seems to be the location of choice this week. Significantly better than the bladder, I might add. It is quite apparent that Baby is nearing 3 lbs by the size of my belly. It still amazes me that a baby is growing inside of me. She hasn't been keeping me up at night but CJ did tell me that several times through the night he wakes up because Baby is hammering into his back.
We got a hand-me-down baby carrier backpack. It is CJ's new favorite toy (well that and our Bob stroller courtesy of my grandma). He put the backpack on and was walking around the house last night with it. Classic CJ, "This makes me excited to be a dad!" If that is all it takes, great!
| Family Photo on our birthday hike |
Fun Baby Fact: Baby, who measures in around 17 inches, is mighty close to his birth length. However, this week fat, called white fat, starts developing under her wrinkled skin. White fat serves as an energy source versus brown fat (which Baby had previously) which is necessary for temperature regulation.
We get to start counting kicks twice a day!
Fun Pregnancy Fact: Thought you all might like a diagram of what is happening my body... Please notice the increasing limited space for organs besides my uterus:

No comments:
Post a Comment