Saturday, November 12, 2011

Dear Baby

November 12, 2011
39 weeks, 3 days

Dear Baby,

This is your Mama.  I love you!  You have been so very patient in waiting for your Papa and I to get ready for you....thank you.  And you have been very good about not kicking me in the ribs recently.  Perhaps because you have "dropped" and are getting ready to join us!

Well, your Papa and I have decided that we are ready for you to come now.  We had a wonderful stroll under the full moon along the rim and Papa turned to me and said, "I'm ready for Baby."  It was simple, and oh so beautiful to hear those words.  Honestly, I wasn't ready a week ago.  I didn't understand why all those other Mamas out there were so eager to get the little babies out.  But now I do.  I am so very excited to meet you!!!

I understand that I have created a warm environment for you to live in.  It must be wonderful - I know how much your Papa loves the water and I am sure you feel the same.  I promise that although it is wintertime I will keep you nice and snuggled up here in the world.  We have some pretty fancy cold weather gear for you.  Just wait till you see snow! 

I understand that it is scary to enter into a new world.  Mama and Papa will be there for you.  We promise.  The second you come out in this world we will hold you and love you and protect you.  We will show you the wonders and teach you to love to explore. 

If you need to wait a few more days, that is fine!  Just know that your Mama, Papa and big brother Owen are eagerly waiting to snuggle with you.  We love you! 

Safe journey and we will see you soon!

Love,
Your Mama



11-10-11 Mama & Papa under the full moon at Mather Point


No comments:

Post a Comment