Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ultrasound Numero Uno

March 24, 2011
6 weeks

I decided to pop into my OB-Gyn's office for the "Confirmation Pregnancy" appointment.  Expecting to pee in a cup, get some blood drawn and be on my way, I was pleasantly surprised to have my first ultrasound.

The first several ultrasounds are a most wonderful experience- spread eagle as the ultrasound wand goes in search of the baby, which at this point is the size of a poppy seed.  The first attempt my bladder was already full (one of the beautiful side effects of pregnancy) - I ran streaking to the bathroom in my gown.  But, lo and behold the baby wanted to be found:



For those non-medical people who are wondering, "What the heck am I looking at?!":  There is a circle - inside the circle are two white dots.  One dot is the yolk sac, the other the baby.

The doc said she wanted to wait another 2 weeks to give me my official estimated due date.  Supposedly, the measurements at 8 weeks are the most accurate.

Fun Baby Fact: The baby's heart is beating 80 times per minute and getting faster each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment